Wrestling Universe Queens & Long Island October - December Autograph Signings

You can talk about any upcoming signings in here!
ICW
Marked Out Master
Posts: 1951
Joined: August 5th, 2015, 9:38 pm
Contact:

Re: Wrestling Universe Queens & Long Island October - December Autograph Signings

Post by ICW » October 22nd, 2020, 1:51 pm

Anthony18 wrote:
October 22nd, 2020, 1:32 pm
I think the 2 reasons Jack is doing these is 1) He isn’t afraid of the virus and 2) The store may be dead by now because of the money loss otherwise.

From what I understand a lot of people attend.
"Not being afraid of the virus" is a ridiculous, Trumpian point of view. Cases are surging around the entire country.

I understand and sympathize that he needs to do these to support his business. Times are tough and I can't imagine what kind of hit he took.

But to pretend that this isn't unsafe is misguided.
Feel free to visit my blog concerning wrestling conventions, signings, and meet & greets!
https://squaredcirclecons.com/


Anthony18
Marked Out Pro
Posts: 325
Joined: July 17th, 2017, 10:36 am

Re: Wrestling Universe Queens & Long Island October - December Autograph Signings

Post by Anthony18 » October 22nd, 2020, 5:27 pm

ICW wrote:
October 22nd, 2020, 1:51 pm
Anthony18 wrote:
October 22nd, 2020, 1:32 pm
I think the 2 reasons Jack is doing these is 1) He isn’t afraid of the virus and 2) The store may be dead by now because of the money loss otherwise.

From what I understand a lot of people attend.
"Not being afraid of the virus" is a ridiculous, Trumpian point of view. Cases are surging around the entire country.

I understand and sympathize that he needs to do these to support his business. Times are tough and I can't imagine what kind of hit he took.

But to pretend that this isn't unsafe is misguided.
Don’t know if he is a Trump supporter, but I can tell by his personality that he isn’t afraid plus there was no social distancing at his ICW shows last summer. Lots of violence with blood there too.

User avatar
mrira
Marked Out Master
Posts: 1449
Joined: June 18th, 2008, 5:19 pm
Location: Bayside,NY

Re: Wrestling Universe Queens & Long Island October - December Autograph Signings

Post by mrira » October 22nd, 2020, 7:52 pm

Anthony18 wrote:
October 22nd, 2020, 5:27 pm
ICW wrote:
October 22nd, 2020, 1:51 pm
Anthony18 wrote:
October 22nd, 2020, 1:32 pm
I think the 2 reasons Jack is doing these is 1) He isn’t afraid of the virus and 2) The store may be dead by now because of the money loss otherwise.

From what I understand a lot of people attend.
"Not being afraid of the virus" is a ridiculous, Trumpian point of view. Cases are surging around the entire country.

I understand and sympathize that he needs to do these to support his business. Times are tough and I can't imagine what kind of hit he took.

But to pretend that this isn't unsafe is misguided.
Don’t know if he is a Trump supporter, but I can tell by his personality that he isn’t afraid plus there was no social distancing at his ICW shows last summer. Lots of violence with blood there too.
Yes, he is a Trump supporter.

ICW
Marked Out Master
Posts: 1951
Joined: August 5th, 2015, 9:38 pm
Contact:

Re: Wrestling Universe Queens & Long Island October - December Autograph Signings

Post by ICW » October 22nd, 2020, 8:03 pm

BTW -- it doesn't matter whom he supports. I'm saying that the idea of "we can't be afraid of the virus!" is misguided and dangerous.

Again, this isn't hard: talent from all over the country are flying in for weekend appearances when we're seeing COVID cases continuing to spike across the country. IF you attend I would recommend wearing your mask at all times, do not shake hands, and I would recommend against a photo op
Feel free to visit my blog concerning wrestling conventions, signings, and meet & greets!
https://squaredcirclecons.com/

User avatar
mrira
Marked Out Master
Posts: 1449
Joined: June 18th, 2008, 5:19 pm
Location: Bayside,NY

Re: Wrestling Universe Queens & Long Island October - December Autograph Signings

Post by mrira » October 27th, 2020, 7:00 pm

EC3 replacing replacing Wippleman on 11/21


6atornat
Newbie
Posts: 1
Joined: January 21st, 2020, 2:02 pm

Re: Wrestling Universe Queens & Long Island October - December Autograph Signings

Post by 6atornat » October 28th, 2020, 11:39 am

If you aren't comfortable going, then don’t go. A lot of people sat home for months and weren't enjoying the one thing I love to do. I've been to multiple signings and I personally think they have ran beautifully. Masks are worn by everyone, even the talent more or less, and temperature checks are being enforced. No touching the talent (handshakes, etc...). If you're going to complain and ruin it for everyone else, especially Jack, then don’t go. It' simple.

User avatar
WOODMO
Site Admin
Posts: 7691
Joined: March 14th, 2008, 12:46 pm
Location: Long Island, New York

Re: Wrestling Universe Queens & Long Island October - December Autograph Signings

Post by WOODMO » October 28th, 2020, 2:43 pm

6atornat wrote:
October 28th, 2020, 11:39 am
If you aren't comfortable going, then don’t go. A lot of people sat home for months and weren't enjoying the one thing I love to do. I've been to multiple signings and I personally think they have ran beautifully. Masks are worn by everyone, even the talent more or less, and temperature checks are being enforced. No touching the talent (handshakes, etc...). If you're going to complain and ruin it for everyone else, especially Jack, then don’t go. It' simple.
It's bigger than that. A potential outbreak can mess up the entire city, the virus is THAT contagious. I hope they are managing things well, but I am free to feel it is reckless.

User avatar
WOODMO
Site Admin
Posts: 7691
Joined: March 14th, 2008, 12:46 pm
Location: Long Island, New York

Re: Wrestling Universe Queens & Long Island October - December Autograph Signings

Post by WOODMO » October 28th, 2020, 3:19 pm

ICW wrote:
October 22nd, 2020, 8:03 pm
BTW -- it doesn't matter whom he supports. I'm saying that the idea of "we can't be afraid of the virus!" is misguided and dangerous.

Again, this isn't hard: talent from all over the country are flying in for weekend appearances when we're seeing COVID cases continuing to spike across the country. IF you attend I would recommend wearing your mask at all times, do not shake hands, and I would recommend against a photo op
Exactly. Not being afraid of the virus is not a choice a business owner gets to make on their own, when that choice puts the community at large at risk.

ICW
Marked Out Master
Posts: 1951
Joined: August 5th, 2015, 9:38 pm
Contact:

Re: Wrestling Universe Queens & Long Island October - December Autograph Signings

Post by ICW » October 28th, 2020, 7:43 pm

WOODMO wrote:
October 28th, 2020, 2:43 pm
6atornat wrote:
October 28th, 2020, 11:39 am
If you aren't comfortable going, then don’t go. A lot of people sat home for months and weren't enjoying the one thing I love to do. I've been to multiple signings and I personally think they have ran beautifully. Masks are worn by everyone, even the talent more or less, and temperature checks are being enforced. No touching the talent (handshakes, etc...). If you're going to complain and ruin it for everyone else, especially Jack, then don’t go. It' simple.
It's bigger than that. A potential outbreak can mess up the entire city, the virus is THAT contagious. I hope they are managing things well, but I am free to feel it is reckless.
Especially when you consider the rise in cases (once again) throughout the entire country. I'm not attempting to "ruin it for everyone else" but, as WOODMO said, I'm allowed to my opinion that these signings are incredibly dangerous.
Feel free to visit my blog concerning wrestling conventions, signings, and meet & greets!
https://squaredcirclecons.com/

User avatar
oldschoolwwwf
Marked Out Master
Posts: 1245
Joined: March 21st, 2008, 11:21 am

Re: Wrestling Universe Queens & Long Island October - December Autograph Signings

Post by oldschoolwwwf » October 30th, 2020, 11:43 am

If weather permits they should do these outside. I recently went to a comic/ toy show and we did the photo op outside, distanced as well. Not sure why they wouldn't try to do same here.

User avatar
mrira
Marked Out Master
Posts: 1449
Joined: June 18th, 2008, 5:19 pm
Location: Bayside,NY

Re: Wrestling Universe Queens & Long Island October - December Autograph Signings

Post by mrira » October 30th, 2020, 4:17 pm

oldschoolwwwf wrote:
October 30th, 2020, 11:43 am
If weather permits they should do these outside. I recently went to a comic/ toy show and we did the photo op outside, distanced as well. Not sure why they wouldn't try to do same here.
The only room outside are parking lots, which probably all privately owned.

ICW
Marked Out Master
Posts: 1951
Joined: August 5th, 2015, 9:38 pm
Contact:

Re: Wrestling Universe Queens & Long Island October - December Autograph Signings

Post by ICW » November 16th, 2020, 11:37 am

I saw this on FB:

Apparently, a fan gave Candace Michelle some sort of camera or hard drive as a gift. When she went through it, she found Japanse anime p*rn
Feel free to visit my blog concerning wrestling conventions, signings, and meet & greets!
https://squaredcirclecons.com/

Anthony18
Marked Out Pro
Posts: 325
Joined: July 17th, 2017, 10:36 am

Re: Wrestling Universe Queens & Long Island October - December Autograph Signings

Post by Anthony18 » November 16th, 2020, 3:53 pm

ICW wrote:
November 16th, 2020, 11:37 am
I saw this on FB:

Apparently, a fan gave Candace Michelle some sort of camera or hard drive as a gift. When she went through it, she found Japanse anime p*rn
Some people...

User avatar
mrira
Marked Out Master
Posts: 1449
Joined: June 18th, 2008, 5:19 pm
Location: Bayside,NY

Re: Wrestling Universe Queens & Long Island October - December Autograph Signings

Post by mrira » November 16th, 2020, 4:10 pm

Anthony18 wrote:
November 16th, 2020, 3:53 pm
ICW wrote:
November 16th, 2020, 11:37 am
I saw this on FB:

Apparently, a fan gave Candace Michelle some sort of camera or hard drive as a gift. When she went through it, she found Japanse anime p*rn
Some people...
WOW & that stuff looks so weird too. I've caught a student watching it a few times & yeah.

User avatar
Jason1980s
Marked Out Pro
Posts: 480
Joined: May 6th, 2012, 6:31 pm

Re: Wrestling Universe Queens & Long Island October - December Autograph Signings

Post by Jason1980s » November 16th, 2020, 7:08 pm

That's insane, why would someone do that?
Even if they are a huge fan of her personally, why not just give her a box of candy or flowers? p*rn? That's just sick. That type of person really needs to be permanently banned from autograph signings, wrestling events, social media and anything else. They obviously can not function properly around people.
Book WWE Hall of Famer Jimmy Valiant for your event!!
PM me!

http://www.jimmyvaliant.weebly.com/

Meet WWE Hall of Famer Jimmy Valiant ANY Sunday 12 noon to 4 PM at Boogie's Wrestling Camp located at
2916 Alleghany Springs Road in Shawsville Virginia. Free of charge!

"I'll never forget what the WWE took away from me. I also want to say I'll never forget all the great things they gave to me"-Bret Hart


Post Reply