Introducing the dumbest piece of memorabilia I own

This is the place to compare and show off your collections
ICW
Marked Out Master

Introducing the dumbest piece of memorabilia I own

Post by ICW » September 16th, 2020, 2:04 pm

I was a massive fan of the Real World/Road Rules Challenge from when I was a pre-teen through my late-teens. I thought the concept of bringing together cast members from The Real World and Road Rules and having them compete against one another was brilliant.

I stopped watching the Challenge after their 18th seasons, Ruins, aired in late 2009 because it started to change for the worst (in my opinion) though it's still going very, very strong.

Recently, Mark Long (Road Rules S1) announced the O.G. Project: cast members who haven't appeared on the Challenge in years will come together to compete once again. I'm really excited to see this hopefully in 2021.

Anyways, I was on eBay and stumbled upon this prop from The Extreme Challenge:

This was a "check" given to team Real World after completing one of their missions. It's very sturdy and still has two pieces of velcro on the back, likely used to display the check on team Real World's wall.

I couldn't pass up buying a piece of the show's history even though it's a bit lame lol.
Feel free to visit my blog concerning wrestling conventions, signings, and meet & greets!
https://squaredcirclecons.com/

Murphy 3

Re: Introducing the dumbest piece of memorabilia I own

Post by Murphy 3 » December 28th, 2020, 1:38 pm

I just thought you should know that you are not alone in your weird collecting. I've had this bad boy hanging in one of my extra bedrooms since 2004, along with a screencap from the show. It's from Season 8 - The Inferno. I actually bought it from Theo Von before I knew him as a comic.
Attachments
check.jpeg

ICW
Marked Out Master

Re: Introducing the dumbest piece of memorabilia I own

Post by ICW » January 13th, 2021, 7:46 pm

Murphy 3 wrote:
December 28th, 2020, 1:38 pm
I just thought you should know that you are not alone in your weird collecting. I've had this bad boy hanging in one of my extra bedrooms since 2004, along with a screencap from the show. It's from Season 8 - The Inferno. I actually bought it from Theo Von before I knew him as a comic.
Wow I can't believe I missed this! This is fucking AWESOME!
Feel free to visit my blog concerning wrestling conventions, signings, and meet & greets!
https://squaredcirclecons.com/